System Services Broadband
Job Title: Groundhand (Aerial)
Status: Hourly/Non – Exempt
Reports To: Foreman
Direct Reports: None
Work Location: Outdoor Utility Construction Site (Varies)
-Works with a team to safely install and replace aerial utilities while operating various types of
Essential Job Functions:
– Climb poles and ladders and operates bucket truck in order to install coaxial and fiber optic
communication lines with supervision.
– Assists in the daily inspections of the line and/or bucket truck and equipment and stocking of all
necessary equipment and/or supplies.
– Carries out instructions of crew foreman.
– Maintains and utilizes proper equipment to clean up areas where work has been completed.
– Maintains constant awareness of the safety of pedestrian and vehicular traffic thru work area.
– Drives company vehicle as needed in a safe and prudent manner.
– Ensures all tools are returned to proper location on truck. Assumes responsibility along with other crew
members of replacing misplaced equipment.
– Assists in reporting and correcting any potential and/or existing safety violations.
– Reports all lost or damaged equipment to immediate supervisor.
– Begins to accumulate all personnel climbing and safety equipment and hand tools.
– Maintains and updates knowledge of industry practices and procedures to maximize job performance.
– Responsible for cleaning of tools, equipment and vehicles.
– Helps to ensure cleanliness and security of storage area and/or warehouse.
– Assists in ensuring work is completed without damage to other utilities and/or property.
– Reports unauthorized use of cable TV to supervisor.
– Knows and executes the proper use of all tools, equipment and machinery.
– Checks, maintains and uses proper safety equipment as issued and/or purchased in conformance with
the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and company safety rules and regulations.
– Assists in completion of monthly inspections.
– Other functions that may be assigned.
• Must have a valid Class D driver’s license and clean driving record
• High School Diploma or equivalency
• Previous experience operating heavy equipment
• Must demonstrate the ability to read, interpret, and apply basic safety, operations, and
industry procedure norms
• Must have the ability to learn and utilize basic knowledge and understanding of general
• Must demonstrate the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or
• Must demonstrate the ability to treat customers, clients, vendors, and co-workers with
dignity and respect while acting at all times with integrity and honesty
• Previous aerial utilities construction experience
• Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
What we offer for your hard work:
Competitive pay and benefits! The following benefits are offered upon reaching eligibility:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with a company match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and a Bonus Program!
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.systemservicesusa.com.