Thank you for taking the time to look at our job posting. You didn’t realize it before, but you just stumbled upon an amazing career opportunity. You, job seeker, happen to be on the forefront of a major boom. This job is in the telecommunications industry. In the fall of 2021, the federal government poured billions (yes, billions with a B) of dollars into the telecommunications industry to be used to develop broadband to all of the rural parts of America. Now we need all the support we can get to build the infrastructure. Projects managers, technicians, safety coordinators, and administrative support people are just a few of the jobs in high demand right now. With new build construction planned to take 7 years minimum, and on-going maintenance for decades, you can plan an entire career from start to finish in the telecommunications industry. Because the knowledge to build and interpret broadband systems is so specialized, we make it our company’s standard practice to promote from within. Are you tired of fretting about job security from economic crisis to crisis? Telecommunications is recession proof! Broadband is the new electricity.
We are seeking people that are dynamic, fast learners, action oriented, solution driven, deep thinkers, and dreamers. If that sounds like you, read on and apply.
Fiber Splicers, Line Techs & Apprentice
Line Tech job description includes setup, maintain and repair intricate systems of cable television and fiber optic cables that produce and supply services to clients. Telecommunication is one of the biggest industries that employ the highest number of line techs in the United States.
Outside plant construction (all aspects) new build, maintenance, lash and overlash, fiber, coax, fiber optic cable, and pole transfers
- Aerial construction (strand, cable, fiber, anchors)
- Splicing with forward and reverse activation
- Must be able to lift, push / pull 50 to 80lbs
- Able to travel for work with overnight stays
- Must be able to work in an outside environment in variable weather conditions
Candidates with these qualifications:
- Experience in training and mentoring
- Experience in all aspects outside plant and aerial construction
- Knowledge of NESC minimum clearances
- Splicing with forward and reverse activation experience a plus
- Previous experience working out of a bucket truck, climbing poles and working from a ladder
- Ability to read and understand CATV prints/designs
- Mechanically inclined and be willing/able to work with their hands
To apply for this job please visit www.systemservicesusa.com.