Website System Services Broadband
We are System Services:
Welcome! We are so glad you found us. System Services Broadband Inc. has been serving the telecommunications industry for 35 plus years. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality service by operating at our highest level of integrity and capability. We offer a wide selection of services to our customers, a team-oriented work environment, and excellent career choices with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
We are seeking people that are dynamic, fast learners, action oriented, solution driven, deep thinkers, and dreamers. If that sounds like you, our hope is that you read on and hit that apply button.
What’s Required to join our team:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have ability to pass a background check.
- Must possess good physical fitness and range of motion including, but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry loads of at least seventy pounds.
- Able to travel for work with overnight stays.
- Must be safety oriented.
- Physically able to dig with hand tools, operate a wheelbarrow, and other machinery necessary to complete projects.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able understand and carry out instructions whether the instructions be written, given verbally, or via diagrammatic form.
- Must have ability to learn and utilize basic knowledge and understanding of all other utilities.
- Able to interact with customers and co-workers on a daily basis.
- Must exhibit honesty, trustworthiness, and truthfulness in all aspects of employment including when interacting with property owners, clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various forms provided by the company and/or clients.
What would you do as a Groundhand/Apprentice Line Tech:
-Climb poles and ladders and operates bucket truck in order to install coaxial and fiber optic communication lines with supervision.
– Assists in the daily inspections of the line and/or bucket truck and equipment and stocking of all necessary equipment and/or supplies.
– Carries out instructions of crew foreman.
– Maintains and utilizes proper equipment to clean up areas where work has been completed.
– Maintains constant awareness of the safety of pedestrian and vehicular traffic thru work area.
– Drives company vehicle as needed in a safe and prudent manner.
– Ensures all tools are returned to proper location on truck. Assumes responsibility along with other crew members of replacing misplaced equipment.
– Assists in reporting and correcting any potential and/or existing safety violations.
– Reports all lost or damaged equipment to immediate supervisor.
– Begins to accumulate all personnel climbing and safety equipment and hand tools.
– Maintains and updates knowledge of industry practices and procedures to maximize job performance.
– Responsible for cleaning of tools, equipment and vehicles.
– Helps to ensure cleanliness and security of storage area and/or warehouse.
– Assists in ensuring work is completed without damage to other utilities and/or property.
– Reports unauthorized use of cable TV to supervisor.
– Knows and executes the proper use of all tools, equipment and machinery.
– Checks, maintains and uses proper safety equipment as issued and/or purchased in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and company safety rules and regulations.
– Assists in completion of monthly inspections.
– Other functions that may be assigned.
What we offer for your hard work:
Competitive pay and tons of benefits! The following benefits are offered upon reaching eligibility:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K with a company match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and a Bonus Program!
To apply for this job please visit www.systemservicesusa.com.