System Services Broadband
Assists in the installation of underground cable lines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
– Assists in the daily inspections of the line truck and equipment. Stocks all necessary equipment and/or supplies.
– Carries out instructions of crew foreman.
– Maintains and utilizes proper equipment to clean up areas where work has been completed.
– Maintains constant awareness of the safety of pedestrian, co-workers and vehicular traffic thru work area.
– Drives company vehicle as needed in a safe and prudent manner.
– Ensures all tools are returned to proper location on truck. Assumes responsibility along with other crew members of replacing misplaced equipment.
– Reports all lost or damaged equipment to immediate supervisor.
– Learns and practices company safety policies. Assists in reporting and correcting any potential and/or existing safety violations.
– Performs routine maintenance on all machinery and notifies supervisor(s) of any excessive wear or damage to said equipment.
– Begins to formulate and updates knowledge of industry practices and procedures to maximize job performance.
– Helps to ensure cleanliness and security of storage area and/or warehouse.
– Assists in completion of work without damage to other utilities and/or property.
– Reports unauthorized use of cable TV to supervisor.
– Learns and executes the proper use, maintenance and the safety rules of all tools, equipment and machinery.
– Checks, maintains and uses proper safety equipment as issued and/or purchased in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and company safety rules and regulations.
– Assists in completion of monthly inspections.
– Cleans tools, equipment and vehicles.
– Other functions that may be assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (unless specified otherwise):
– Possesses good physical fitness and range of motion including, but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry loads of at least seventy pounds.
– Must be safety oriented.
– Physically able to excavate with hand tools, operate wheelbarrow, compaction equipment and other machinery necessary to complete projects.
– Able to work in extreme weather conditions.
– Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Deals with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
– Able to interact with customers and co-workers on a daily basis.
– Must have ability to learn and utilize basic knowledge and understanding of all other utilities.
– Treats all property owners, clients, co-workers with respect and dignity.
– Must exhibit honesty, trustworthiness, and truthfulness in all aspects of employment.
– Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various forms provided by the company and/or clients.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Must have ability to obtain Class D driver’s license within 30 days of employment. Acquisition of CDL license is highly encouraged.
– Able to communicate verbally.
– Ability to learn basic placement of underground utilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.systemservicesusa.com.