System Services Broadband
Assembles, installs, and activates all electronic components within cable TV systems. Directs other splicers as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
– Assists in the daily inspections of the line and/or bucket truck and equipment and stocking of all necessary equipment and/or supplies.
– Carries out of instructions of supervisor.
– Maintains and utilizes proper equipment to clean up areas where work has been completed.
– Maintains constant awareness of the safety of pedestrians, co-workers and vehicular traffic thru work area.
– Drives company vehicle as needed in a safe and prudent manner.
– Ensures all tools are returned to proper location on truck. Assumes responsibility along with other crew members of replacing misplaced equipment.
– Assists in reporting and correcting any potential and/or existing safety violations.
– Reports all lost or damaged equipment to immediate supervisor.
– Interacts with customers and co-workers on a daily basis.
– Responsible for completing daily and weekly production reports.
– Responsible for knowing and following system guidelines when working with active plant.
– Responsible for supplying required personnel tools and the upkeep of company issued tools.
– Must be able to activate and balance amps by using signal strength meter and Voltameter.
– Must be able to train and supervises apprentice splicers.
– Identifies, reports and resolves design problems and discrepancies in design.
– Reports any discrepancy in construction or damage to cable plant.
– Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product, and suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work.
– Assures the safety of the crew. Makes recommendations to enhance safety of crews and helps implement solutions of same.
– Must be aware of production schedules for completion of job assignments.
– Responsible for meeting production schedules.
– Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
– Plans, co-ordinates and executes job assignments.
– Assures all equipment and tools are properly maintained.
– Completes all paper work associated with production reporting in a timely, legible, and accurate fashion.
– Interacts with customers, co-workers and property owners and other utility workers in a professional manner.
– Successfully implements conflict resolutions where needed.
– Knows short and long term equipment and material needs and report any foreseen shortages or repairs needed for same to immediate supervisor.
– Must evaluate equipment and materials needs to ensure work is done without loss of productivity.
– Ensures other splicers are properly instructed in proper usage of all tools and equipment.
– Ensures cleanliness and security of all tools, equipment and vehicles.
– Ensures any utility locates needed, are completed.
– Maintains and updates knowledge of industry practices and procedures to maximize job performance and educates personnel in same.
– Helps to ensure cleanliness and security of storage area and/or warehouse.
– Ensures work is completed without damage to other utilities and/or property.
– Reports unauthorized use of cable TV to supervisor.
– Knows and executes the proper use, maintenance and safety rules of all tools, equipment and machinery.
– Checks, maintains and uses proper safety equipment as issued and/or purchased in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and company safety rules and regulations.
– Interprets and correctly fills out various forms provided by the company and/or clients.
– Assists in monthly inspections.
– Other functions that may be assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (unless specified otherwise):
– Possesses knowledge and ability to complete splicing in such a way as to produce a superior end-product.
– Possesses good physical fitness and range of motion including, but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry loads of at least seventy pounds.
– Has working knowledge of company safety policies.
– Is safety oriented.
– Does not possess fear of heights.
– Able to work in extreme weather conditions.
– Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in a written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
– Physically able to excavate with hand tools.
– Able to communicate verbally.
– Proficiently climbs trees, towers, ladders, utility poles and other structures.
– Proficiently preforms construction duties while working from a ladder, tree, tower, utility poles, and/or other structures and/or while using climbing gear.
– Possesses knowledge of measurements of signal strength.
– Possesses knowledge of construction procedures.
– Must be able to work within limited confines, such as bucket trucks and off ladders.
– Has proficient knowledge in reading and interpreting blue prints and specifications.
– Must have CDL driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
– Must have general working knowledge of CATV operations.
– Possesses ability to troubleshoot problems on line.
– Has proficient knowledge of cable TV system design and operations.
– Must have ability to learn to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
– Treats all property owners, clients, co-workers with respect and dignity.
– Exhibits honesty, trustworthiness, and truthfulness in all aspects of employment.
* Management retains the discretion to add to or change duties of position at any time.
To apply for this job please visit www.systemservicesusa.com.