System Services Broadband
We are System Services:
Welcome! We are so glad you found us. System Services Broadband Inc. has been serving the telecommunications industry for 35 plus years. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality service by operating at our highest level of integrity and capability. We offer a wide selection of services to our customers, a team-oriented work environment, and excellent career choices with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
We are seeking people that are dynamic, fast learners, action oriented, solution driven, deep thinkers, and dreamers. If that sounds like you, our hope is that you read on and hit that apply button.
What would you do on an Underground Cable Construction Crew:
Assists in the installation of underground cable lines.
*Other essential job functions:
– Assists in the daily inspections of the line truck and equipment. Stocks all necessary equipment and/or supplies.
– Carries out instructions of crew foreman.
-Maintains and utilizes heavy equipment needed to install underground cable lines.
– Maintains and utilizes proper equipment to clean up areas where work has been completed.
– Maintains constant awareness of the safety of pedestrian, co-workers and vehicular traffic thru work area.
– Drives company vehicle as needed in a safe and prudent manner.
– Ensures all tools are returned to proper location on truck. Assumes responsibility along with other crew members of replacing misplaced equipment.
– Reports all lost or damaged equipment to immediate supervisor.
– Learns and practices company safety policies. Assists in reporting and correcting any potential and/or existing safety violations.
– Performs routine maintenance on all machinery and notifies supervisor(s) of any excessive wear or damage to said equipment.
– Begins to formulate and updates knowledge of industry practices and procedures to maximize job performance.
– Helps to ensure cleanliness and security of storage area and/or warehouse.
– Assists in completion of work without damage to other utilities and/or property.
– Learns and executes the proper use, maintenance and the safety rules of all tools, equipment and machinery.
– Checks, maintains and uses proper safety equipment as issued and/or purchased in conformance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and company safety rules and regulations.
– Assists in completion of monthly inspections.
– Cleans tools, equipment and vehicles.
– Other functions that may be assigned.
– Possesses good physical fitness and range of motion including, but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry loads of at least seventy pounds.
– Must be safety oriented.
– Physically able to excavate with hand tools, operate wheelbarrow, compaction equipment and other machinery necessary to complete projects.
– Able to work in extreme weather conditions.
– Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Deals with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
– Able to interact with customers and co-workers on a daily basis.
– Must have ability to learn and utilize basic knowledge and understanding of all other utilities.
– Treats all property owners, clients, co-workers with respect and dignity.
– Must exhibit honesty, trustworthiness, and truthfulness in all aspects of employment.
– Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various forms provided by the company and/or clients.
– Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Acquisition of CDL license is highly encouraged.
– Able to communicate verbally.
– Ability to learn basic placement of underground utilities.
What we offer for your hard work:
The following benefits are offered upon reaching eligibility:
- Competitive pay
- Per Diem for work travel
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, and Short Term Disability
- 401K (Company Match)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com